Today we are taking a look at:
- Dovish Fed gives rates a boost, SAGB yield curve bucks the steepening bias and flattens modestly as yields decline across the curve
- Fed comments put the USD on the back foot
- Oil extended losses after plunging 10% in four days as the prospect of a sharp slowdown in global growth due to trade frictions overshadowed Saudi’s pledge to maintain market stability
- Global markets are in limbo amid the ongoing trade wars
- SA PMI falls further into contraction; Global PMIs decline across the board in May
If you are looking for more relevant market commentary, have a look at our other Markets and Research.