Today we are taking a look at:
- Curve starts to price a SARB cut after disappointing GDP print, steepening driven by front-end yields
- Local GDP ends the rands strong showing
- Oil price remain on down-trend, while gold is elevated on safe haven demand
- SA GDP print of -3.2% saw SA Inc under pressure from local accounts; Global markets have bounced over night post the FED’s comments that it may act to minimize the trade war impact; Naspers remains the local driver into its listing of Newco in July
- SA GDP sharply negative in Q1; Eurozone CPI slumps after temporary rise in April
If you are looking for more relevant market commentary, have a look at our other Markets and Research.