Today we are taking a look at:
- SAGB yields sharply lower this morning as a result of dovish Powell and Fed minutes
- USDZAR breaches sub-14.0000
- Oil extended gains after closing at a seven-week high as around a third of the Gulf of Mexico’s crude output was cut before a potential hurricane and U.S. crude inventories shrunk more than expected
- Global equity markets traded cautiously ahead of Jerome Powell’s testimony before Congress
- FOMC minutes makes the case for a rate cut due to downside risks to the growth outlook
If you are looking for more relevant market commentary, have a look at our other Markets and Research.