|Today we are taking a look at:
· A bull steepener as a result of a highly dovish Fed, as local markets price in SARB rate cut
· USDZAR holds steady sub 14.0000
· Oil headed for its biggest weekly gain in three weeks as simmering Middle East tensions, shrinking inventories and a storm in the Gulf of Mexico all conspired to threaten the supply outlook
· The JSE and European markets end lower, while the Dow and S&P 500 close at record highs
· SA mining and manufacturing industries remain downbeat; US CPI eases sharply
If you are looking for more relevant market commentary, have a look at our other Markets and Research.