|Today we are taking a look at:
· A touch of risk off as trade concerns resurface and ZAR takes a bit of a hit with SAGBs opening a little weaker
· USDZAR holds steady ahead of the MPC
· Oil held its biggest loss in two weeks as President Donald Trump’s threat of new tariffs on Chinese imports rekindled fears about global demand, while the U.S. signalled a possible easing of tensions with Iran
· JSE volumes remain weak into SARB on Thursday, market has priced in a 25bps cut; Given the global backdrop, we should see some selling across the SA Inc space on the stronger USD
· US retail sales growth rises above consensusDailyMarketCommentary190717
If you are looking for more relevant market commentary, have a look at our other Markets and Research.