Today we are taking a look at:
- SAGB moves remain very subdued again given what’s occurring in global risk and the ZAR. Locals buy, offshore sells, and we steepen on continuing fiscal pressures despite the flattening in other curves
- The rand holds steady above 15.0000
- Oil edged higher and is set for a weekly gain as trade news continues to whipsaw the market against the backdrop of rising U.S. stockpiles and a weakening global demand outlook
- Global markets remain under pressure amid trade war concerns. US markets were supported by strong US retail sales numbers
- US retail sales recovers in July, industrial production contracts; UK retail activity still positive but easesDailyMarketCommentary190816
If you are looking for more relevant market commentary, have a look at our other Markets and Research.