Today we are taking a look at:
- Bull curve flattener after a dovish ECB yesterday
- ECB stimulus programme surprises the market, and US-China trade progress revives risk appetite
- Oil is set for its biggest weekly loss in nearly two months as the IEA warned of a looming supply glut, while OPEC and its allies urged members to maintain, rather than deepen, output cuts. Futures edged lower; down 2.7% for the week.
- The Top40 rallied with global markets on trade talk optimism while Naspers rallied 2.23% and Prosus retreated 2.88%
- SA mining output surprises to the upside, rises in JulyDailyMarketCommentary190913
If you are looking for more relevant market commentary, have a look at our other Markets and Research.