Today we are taking a look at:
- CPI this morning ahead of MPC tomorrow dominates the local landscape, with risk assets trading better and the ZAR stabilising this morning
- All eyes on the FOMC tonight
- Oil prices extended their losses from the previous session; Gold prices little changed as investors maintained a cautious stance ahead of the conclusion of U.S. Federal Reserve’s two-day meeting
- Energy stocks retreat globally as oil prices fell after Saudi Arabia said they would restore output by end September. All eyes are on the upcoming central banks meetings in the US and Japan
- US industrial output bounces back in August; Japanese trade data reflect subdued global demandDailyMarketCommentary190918
If you are looking for more relevant market commentary, have a look at our other Markets and Research.