Today we are taking a look at:
- SAGB yields marginally lower after a better than expected GDP print, follows rally in the ZAR
- USDZAR stages a modest recovery after the release of the GDP data
- Oil held near a one-week low amid trade tensions while gold held near the highest close since 2013 as investors turned to haven assets after a key U.S. factory gauge unexpectedly contracted for the first time since 2016
- Global stocks are mixed this morning with Brexit and Trade headlines the main drivers of moves. All eyes in SA on SA Inc names as we digest the GDP print from yesterday.
- SA Q2 growth rebounds, but mainly due to low base effect; global manufacturing PMIs deteriorate in AugustDailyMarketCommentary190904
If you are looking for more relevant market commentary, have a look at our other Markets and Research.