Today we are taking a look at:
- Load-shedding announcement causes yields to rise across the curve, in line with ZAR weakness
- Rand on the back foot as Eskom again falters
- Oil retreated in Asian trading after an industry report showed a sharp increase in U.S. crude stockpiles last week
- Positive sentiment created by corporate earnings was offset by weaker economic data and Brexit concerns
- SA retail sales growth disappoints in August; US retail sales contracts in September, Beige Book reflects concern over economic activity
If you are looking for more relevant market commentary, have a look at our other Markets and Research.