Today we are taking a look at:
- ZAR rallies after positive Asian economic data, however SAGBs remain sticky, opening unchanged this morning
- The rand holds steady in the mid-14.60s
- Oil rebounded from the biggest weekly loss since October; Gold declined as stocks in Asia rose after data on China’s economy pointed to an improvement, curbing demand for havens
- Solid Chinese macro bodes well for EM in general in a quiet earnings week for SA. We expect volumes to start dropping off as schools start their summer holidays
- SA trade posts small surplus, but budget deficit continues to disappointDailyMarketCommentary191202
If you are looking for more relevant market commentary, have a look at our other Markets and Research.