Today we are taking a look at:
- Risk trades well in Asia to start the week, but the ZAR weakens as a result of negative Eskom headlines, SAGBs trade weaker in line with FX
- Stronger USD on an imminent China-US trade deal
- Oil was steady after the biggest weekly drop since July as an easing of geopolitical tension in the Middle East turned attention back to a flood of new supply
- Locally, retailers kick off reporting this week with TFG up first; Turnover should start normalising with the holiday period over
- US labour market indicators weaken in December, but unemployment rate remains unchangedDailyMarketCommentary200113
If you are looking for more relevant market commentary, have a look at our other Markets and Research.