Today we are taking a look at:
- ZAR trades well into our close, dragging the rest of EM with it. SAGBs however, very lacklustre with all the action in FRA’s heading into the SARB MPC decision tomorrow
- Currency markets cautious over “phase-one” Sino-US trade agreement. SARB meeting today
- Oil rebounded after the U.S. and China inked the first phase of their trade deal; Gold and other precious metals were steady
- Equity markets experienced choppy trading ahead of the signing of the “phase-one” trade deal between the US and China.
- SA retail sales surprises to the upside due to Black Friday sales; Eurozone industrial production continues to contract; US Fed Beige BookDailyMarketCommentary200116
If you are looking for more relevant market commentary, have a look at our other Markets and Research.