Today we are taking a look at:
- Global risk-off sends the rand weaker and bond yields higher, reversing earlier gains
- Iran’s retaliation has markets scrambling for safety
- Oil prices jumped after Iran attacked two U.S.-Iraqi bases; Gold surged above $1,600 an ounce for the first time in more than six years
- The JSE closes marginally higher, while renewed tensions between the US and Iran weigh heavily on Asian markets this morning, after Iran launched a missile attack on US forces in Iraq
- Eurozone inflation rises in December, retail sales upbeatDailyMarketCommentary200108
If you are looking for more relevant market commentary, have a look at our other Markets and Research.