Today we are taking a look at:
- Risk bounces on Trump’s reassurances of a de-escalation in the Middle Eastern tensions and SA catches a bid, with ZAR rallying to 14.1700, and SAGB yields falling in response
- Overnight, geopolitical tensions ease and risk-off sentiment subsides
- Oil steadied as investors weighed the risk of further escalation in the conflict between the U.S. and Iran
- Yesterday, global equity markets posted notable gains as President Trump advised that the U.S. would not respond militarily but may impose new sanctions on Iran
- SA manufacturing PMI slump persists due to load shedding and weak demand; Chinese inflationary pressure still muted despite headline overshootDailyMarketCommentary200109
If you are looking for more relevant market commentary, have a look at our other Markets and Research.